Culture and values
Our culture is rooted in a deep sense of our purpose as a company – celebrating life, every day, everywhere.
This culture is built and maintained by the values that underpin our business and guide how we work. We are passionate about our customers and consumers and want to be the best. We give each other the freedom to succeed and value each and every person’s contribution. We work hard so we can be proud of what we do and how we do it.
While our company moves at pace, constantly evolving and improving, our values remain consistent. We try to live these values every day, everywhere so that we can be proud of what we do and be the best that we can be.
“Diageo has more than 32,000 people who are passionate and proud of what they do. Our people connect with our purpose of celebrating life every day, everywhere –- making the most of life, to be the best we can be at work, with friends, and in the community.”Mairéad Nayager
Global HR Director
Our five values
- We're passionate about customers and consumers – our curiosity and customer and consumer insights drive growth. We care for our brands. We're courageous in pursuing their full potential. We're innovative, constantly searching for new ideas that drive growth and developing them across our business.
- We give ourselves and each other the freedom to succeed because this fosters an entrepreneurial spirit. We trust each other; we're open and challenging. We always behave as a team – when we're together and when we're apart.
- We're proud of what we do – we act sensitively with the highest standards of integrity and social responsibility. We celebrate and benefit from diversity.
- We will strive to be the best – we are restless, always learning, always improving. We constantly set high standards and then try hard to exceed them. We deliver results, win where we compete and celebrate our success.
- We value each other – we seek and benefit from diverse people and perspectives. We strive to create mutually fulfilling relationships and partnerships.